Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

April 20, 2015
By baylee1024 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
baylee1024 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 My favorite place is Pewaukee Beach. It’s a place where you can go to relax on the water, watch the water hit the sand, and watch it rush back in again.
You’ll see children play in the lake, while their families sit on the beach socializing. You’ll see families of mallards following each other around the lake, digging their heads in the water in search for fish. The overpowering sound of laughter rings in your ears, as the happy vibes around the lake set in.

Ever since I was little, I have been going to Pewaukee Lake. My grandparents use to live on it. But when my grandparents moved away, we started to go to the beach of Pewaukee Lake.

Every Fourth of July, my family goes to the lake at noon to get ready for the fireworks, where memories are made. As the sky hides under the water and the night sky appears, everyone waits for the fireworks to begin. Then splashes of blue, silver, and red illuminate the sky. The look of admiration on everyones faces, makes the fireworks so much better. And then the flash from the kaleidoscope of fireworks ceases until next year...

Pewaukee Beach will always be the haven where I can go to and relax. It is the place that paints the biggest smile on so many people’s faces who have had the pleasure of being there. And it is truly one of Waukesha’s significant treasures.