Roaming in Rome | Teen Ink

Roaming in Rome

November 14, 2018
By milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal."
By~ Joaquin phoenix


Walking through the ancient streets, you feel a exited aura settling down your spine. You  turn a corner you see a a crumbled ruin of a statue. Your wonder what it would have looked like in its prime, when thousands of ancient romans looked at it with awe. You then start to think why was is crumbled, was there a war that made its stone crumble? Was it the weight of holding the years that went by, seeing horses that dragged wooden merchant wagons transforming into sleek steel cars? You turn another corner and come to the end of the touristy street you were on, and you wander around and find yourself in a beautiful place filled with lush trees, and full rose bushes. You stay for a couple of hours and just enjoy the calm until it turns dusk. You finally leave the tiny forest and start amble around. You stumble on a magnificent fountain and you are entranced by how beautiful it is. It is a enormous white marble fountain with engravings of roman gods and there are lions spewing turquoise water out of there mouths. The last rays of the summer sun glare on to the white marble, and start to turn it a lovely cream color. The copper and silver of the  world currency that were thrown in to make the most secret of secrets to come true, fall in the innermost center of the fountain . They light up the fountain like a mirror on the bottom, showing the intricate carvings and the ageing marble. You want to stay, but it is the end of the day, so you return to your hotel and dream of going back tomorrow.