DO You Know What Karma Yoga Is? | Teen Ink

DO You Know What Karma Yoga Is?

November 8, 2018
By LilDhesi SILVER, Upton, Massachusetts
LilDhesi SILVER, Upton, Massachusetts
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do You Know what Karma Yoga Is? There are three types of Karma. There is karma, which is in harmony with dharma and normally has good consequences. There is Vikarma which is not in harmony with dharma and normally has bad consequences. Last but not least there is Akarma Which is in harmony with dharma but has no consequences. A deeper explanation of Akarma is that the lord is taking and absorbing all of the consequences that have come from your actions.  Karma yoga goes beyond the everyday tasks and extends to the whole life. Karma Yoga or the path to godhead as suggested in the Bhagavad-Gita teaches people how to cope with the happiness and pains of life without choosing and without escaping. It teaches people how to remain engaged with the process of living, however difficult and unappealing the circumstances may be. According to the Bhagavad Gita selfish actions bind men to their consequences and make them vulnerable to the cycle of births and deaths. At the same time, one cannot escape from karma by shunning their responsibilities altogether. Inaction or non-action is a solution to the problem of karma. Liberation cannot be attained by not doing  from work, because it is impossible for any living thing to remain inactive even for a second. To perform Karma yoga you must stand in front of Ishta-Devata and chant shanti panchakam both 1 & 2. Then you must perform sri krishna namaskar.