State Tournament | Teen Ink

State Tournament

RONNN BRONZE,

I started playing baseball when I was 6 years old. I didn’t like it at first, but when I started to get the hang of the game, I liked it way more. My first year, I wasn’t really that good, but that following year, I played select ball and I was the best player on the team.

My last year of little league baseball was a success, because I was on the best little league baseball team to come from Malakoff Texas! We went to the little league state baseball tournament.

We won our first game, 15-3, against Hawkins. The second game, we went against the best team in the tournament.They were a team from Dallas called the Dallas Rough Riders, and we ended up winning that game 6-4. The third game, against Center, was our most challenging. They were supposed to have the best pitcher in the tournament, but he wasn’t all that great, because we were hitting dingers! We ended up winning that game by a blow out. I pitched the championship game. The last batter came up, and when the count was 0-2, I threw my knuckle change and struck him out!

We were the division 2 state champions!