The Draft | Teen Ink

The Draft

January 19, 2017
By brayden16 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
brayden16 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Baseball is a passion for many people, including myself. The positions I play are center field and pitcher. I started playing on a baseball team when I was four. Baseball is a very hard sport to play for a few reasons. One may not think it, but it is because Baseball is much more than a sport where a person just hits the ball and throws the ball to every base. One actually has to know where people are, when you have to throw the ball and where that right place is to throw it and this is just the basics. A person has to actually learn many different skills.  The best people that play baseball go to the Major Leagues. If one thinks that getting drafted to Major League Baseball is easy, he is are very wrong. If one wants to get drafted a person has to practice every day and know everything about baseball.


The best team in college baseball right now is Coastal Carolinas. They won the College World Series in Omaha. They won in 2016 against the Arizona Wildcats. One can tell if a team is the best if they win most of their games. One can also tell if they give their best effort in every game they play if they are trying hard. One can also tell of they are the best team by seeing if they have great highlights and if they know how to play the game correctly.  The best player on Coastal Carolinas team was  Mike Tobert because of his batting average. 


The best player in all of college baseball and likely to get drafted to Major League Baseball (MLB) is Kyle Lewis. Kyle Lewis won the Golden Spikes Award. This Award is Sponsored by Major League Baseball and given to the best amature baseball player in the United States. Kyle Lewis is most likely to be drafted to the MLB because he hit 395 batting average with 20 home runs homering once every 11 at bats. He also hit 75 RBIs. RBI means that batter hits the ball and allows someone to score.  Kyle Lewis  started playing baseball at the age of three and he has played ever since. This shows that someone starting at a young age can be good for your the future as long as you never give up and keep working hard.


Getting drafted into the MLB is very hard. The chances of a high school student getting drafted is 1 out of 200, Which is less than a 1% chance. A person should start trying her best at a young age. In order to get even close to being drafted, a person must have the athletic talent to play the game and also have to stand out. A person needs the motivation and effort to use their abilities to get to the MLB and prove that they are the best. These three  steps are all important for having a chance at getting drafted.


One day I hope to get drafted and become a Major League Baseball player because I love baseball. This has been my dream ever since I picked up a baseball and threw with my dad in the backyard of my first house. I was three years old when I threw for the first time with my dad. I currently play for a club baseball team called the Rockstars. We are a very competitive team that competes all over the country. I plan to continue to do the same routine that I am doing now and stay competitive so that one day I can become a Major League Baseball player.