One crazy Fall Classic | Teen Ink

One crazy Fall Classic

October 20, 2011
By Andrewf15 BRONZE, Kingston Springs, Tennessee
Andrewf15 BRONZE, Kingston Springs, Tennessee
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


With two teams that were counted out of the world series, the Cardinals counted out of the playoffs on August 28, these two teams have surprised EVERYBODY. The Rangers have quietly had the best all around line-up from the first batter to the eighth in all of baseball. As a Braves fan it's heartbreaking of our epic collapse that allowed the Cards to sneak in under the radar and make the playoffs and World Series. Thank God above;the Red Sox, World Series favorite, had an even worse fallout so the media just picks on them all day. With the Cardinals not having a clear cut #2 starter all year it was just shocking to me they even made the playoffs. The Rangers were a pretty definite option in the lackluster AL West. The Cards were not only missing a #2 guy, Adam Wainwright, who has won twenty games in his career before, but also the rookie version of Jaime Garcia. Grant it, he pitched a great game tonight but he was not the same has his rookie season. He definitely hit his so called "sophomore slump." Not many people had the Cardinals winning the NL central over the Milwaukee Brewers, which they didn't, but they beat them in a sex game series to make it to the Fall Classic. Initially when I saw how utterly awful both starting rotations were coming into this series I thought it would be a bloodbath. I thought drawing blood first would mean nothing and it would result into which bullpen stopped the bleeding and held the powerful offenses off. In these first two games it's been the exact opposite. The Rotations have suprisingly been much better and gone deeper into games. Not only that but held the other team in check. The first game's score was 3-2 Cards. Game 2 was 2-1 Rangers. I didn't low scorig games coming at all. The near freezing temperatures in old St.Louie may have had something to do with it. Either way, I can't wait for them to get back to Texas to see some warmer weather and see how the complexity of the game is changed with the ball traveling better. It's been a great first two games of this series and I can't wait to see who wins or if Nelson Cruz has more late inning drama, 2 11th inning homeruns in the ALCS. Also I am interested to see if former Braves prospects, Elvis Andrus and Neftali Feliz have a major impact on this series. Feliz came in and god the save in game 2 so he has all ready made his mark. As great as this series has been I hope it comes down to game 7. Just like any other great baseball fan out there we would love for our team to be playing, but at least we get to watch great superstars such as Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler and Albert Pujols put there all on the line for their respective teams.