Comeback not quite comepleted, another bad save percentage night for Halak. | Teen Ink

Comeback not quite comepleted, another bad save percentage night for Halak.

By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri

javascript:ShowFavTab(1)

When the Stars and Blues played over the last year or two, it has become a rivalry in my eyes. A actions packed games it was for the 7,949 at American Airline Center in Dallas. The shots were even in the first period no penalties either, but the Stars Nicklas Grossman with just over a minute and a half left in the first got called for a holding penalty. The Blues would not score, but 37 seconds after the penalty Dallas gets a short handed goal from Loui Eriksson to give them the 1-0 lead after one period. The second period set it off, 2:30 in the stars take a penalty then the Blues go on the power play and a minute later Chris Stewert and Sheldon Souray throw down in a fight, Stewert also got a roughing penalty but Souray matched the two minuter with a hi-sticking call, then seconds after Arnott got called for holding. Before there were anymore penalties the Stars scored an even strength goal to give them the 2-0 lead. Then Oshie gets a pentaly a mintue after Burishes goal that extended the stars lead. Bergland with seven minutes left gets a hooking call in which the Stars take advantage of and get a goal by Brendan Morrow. Coming right back though is the Blues seconds later to make it 3-1 Matt D'Agostini assisted by Steen and Huskins. The period would end but right as the buzzer went off Dallas got called for two pentalies and the Blues earned one there self from the caption David Backes. The third started and before anymore penalties got called Chris Stewert put in his second goal in as many games to make it 3-2. After that the scoring was done, but the Blues commented 4 more pentalies coming at, 10:05, 16:44, then two at 19:51. The Stars commentied three more those came at 7:54 shortly before Polaks pentaly, 18:56 then at 19:51 when Stewert and Ott got matching misconducts. So after the Blues again shooting out there opponents by a good size in this one 38-24, and penalties 31-28 blues had more in another categorie a big one here to that produced 5 power plays for the Blues 8:07 between all of them. Then the Stars going 1-5 in 8:23 of power play time. The three stars of this one were Matt D"Agostini of the Blues third star, then the Stars had the first two stars second being Loui Eriksson and first Kari Lehtonen the goalie who stopped 36 Blues shots to get the victory. Speaking of goalies, it may seem halak is good only given up a few goals a night, but its worse. Its his save percentage that is in the bottom of the league right now and has only faced 56 shots this year in three games which gives him a .857 save percentage. The blues offence is stacked and the defence is great, but the goaltending could keep them out of the playoffs this year if halak doesn't start saving more shots of the few he faces apposed to the goalies the Blues play. Next game to three id say there will be the back up playing could be cause halak needs rest of the want to figure it out, hopefully the staff is actually paying attention to this one.

i think this is my best article yet.