Blues light the lamp five times in a easy win over the flames | Teen Ink

Blues light the lamp five times in a easy win over the flames

By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri

javascript:ShowFavTab(1)

The Blues had there second home game in a row on Monday playing Calgary Flames. Jaroslave Halak started for the Blues again and the Flames started was Henrik Karlsson, not Miika Kiprusoff who has owned the Blues when he plays them. Early in the game thrre minutes in Flames Jarome Iginla gets penalty and the Blues cannot score. Five minutes later Flames score on a shot by Curtis Glencross, but near the end of the period the Blues put one in shot by Alex Steen and Arnott also D"Agostini. The Blues get another power play chance with 40 seconds left Iginla gets another penalty but once again at least for half the penalty the Blues don't score. The Blues played the period better having more control and out shooting the Flames 12-7. When the second started the Blues were still on the power play although they didn't end up scoring. Minutes latter Kevin Shattenkirk puts one in to give the Blues a 2-1 lead. Five minutes later Langenbrunner and the Flames Mark Giordano got matching roughing penalties, and right after those expired Shattenkirk got his self put in the box. The Flames could not score on the power there first of the night. Close to the period ending Pietrangelo shots one from the point that goes Right over Karlessons glove. A minute later Nikitin gets a penalty in which the Flames do score on, Iginla gets his first goal of the year. Again the Blues out shoot there opponents in this period 13-8. Then there third period were they seem to do there best outscored the Flames 10-2, 3-2 is the score before Chris Stewert puts a bacjhander to the other side of the net that Karlsson could not get to. Jason Arnott shortly before the game is over puts in the fifth an final goal to give the Blues ta 5-2 lead which they would keep in there first victory. Halak only facing 17 shots still gives up two, but is better then Saturday nights when he gave up 3 goals on 15 shots. The three stars would be Jason Arnott gets the third with his first assist and second goal in a row with the Blues. Pietrangelo got second star with his one goal one assist performance, and the first star would be Andy Mcdonald with two assist. This first win looks very promising for Blues fans after the first game Saturday didn't result in a win, but there was a same result of the Blues dominating the third period, and keeping the shots on Halak down, hes only faced 34in the first two games the Blues have fired off 68 shots combine in there first two, 33 shots on Saturday and 35 today.