Blues home opener a loss but its only the first game | Teen Ink

Blues home opener a loss but its only the first game

By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri

javascript:ShowFavTab(1)

The Blues opening the season at home against the predators are looking to win again in the season opener after beating the flyer's last year. 7 minute's in the blues get into the Nashville zone and from polak to oshie to the stick of bergland then the net the blues take the lead with a beautiful first goal of the season. Oshie behind the net fed berland who was out front at shot it right past the glove or rinne. Just over a minute later the 2010-2011 blues who lead the league in fights with 78 had there first, Reeves and Stortini went at it in which reeves got two good shots and took down the Nashville fighter. Reeves seems to be the one who is taking over the fighting since cam jassen is now gone and in new jersey. The blues then got a penalty killed half of it until the predators scored to tie the game up after the blues failed to get the puck out of there zone after they had a few good chances. Last year the blues were tenth on the power play in the league and didn't get one shot on there first power play of the game after Nikita Nikitin hit the top left post. The first period was over the teams were tied in shots with seven a piece, the predators with two penalties and the blues had three in which they killed half of one to end the period. The second period was the blues, who out shot the predators 10-4 and only took one pentalie. The perdators gave them three power play opportunities, and they didn't connect on any of them. Colaiacovo left in the second period after being tied up with a stick between his legs he feel then got the shin of a predators player into the face. The third started with the game tied, the blues had this so much last year tied games going into the third, there still might be a lack of scoring but its the first game and chemistry is still being built. Six minutes in the Predators had a power play and like on there first goal scored again on the man advantage. Six mintues after that the blues score on the power play, Arnott gets his first goal as a blue and was assisted by the caption Backes and Alex Steen. A mintue later the predators come right back and take the lead again and they would not lose it after that. Halak got pulled and predators scoredd agagin to give them the 4-2 lead and that would be the final score. The blues pentaly kill got scored on twice in four attempts nothing to be worried about its the first game. The up-side to it the power play gets a key goal to tie the game late, they went 1-5 but with new comers the new veterans this team i feel is just warming up. The blues got there good number of shots off with 33 and Halak was fired at 15 times but only stopped 12, isn't to good but its one game there is 81 left and hopefully more wins then losses. The three stars of the game were T.J Oshie getting the third, he had a assist and played well throughout. The predators get the first two, the second being Legwond with 2 goals and 2 assist, then the predators spetactular goaltender Pekka Rinne stopping 31 of the 33 shots he faced and really won this game for Nashville who was very very heavily out shot 33-15. The home opener results in a loss in which the blues looked really strong but they'll be back at it Monday one o clock against the flames at home.