The BuzzerBeater | Teen Ink

The BuzzerBeater

October 14, 2009
By Charlie Moffat BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Charlie Moffat BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Basketball is the best game ever invented is fast moving and fun. You get to shoot, dribble, pass, and run...and that’s what I do best. There are five people from each team on the court, and usually five subs who come off the bench to give the starters a little breather.

Basketball is played at both the professional and college levels. The rules vary. For example, the 3-point line is shorter in college than it is in pro. Also, college level plays halves, and pros play 15-minute quarters.

Last year, we scored a “buzzer-beater” against a team that was a grade lower than we were, but it was the first “win” we ever got. It was JT Mellecker who did that for us. The reason is because his team (older than us) fell apart like a broken puzzle. It was a “lose-lose” situation for his team, but definitely a win-win for us. I had the “assist” on that play because I am the one who passed it to the “Mellecknator.”

All in all, we’re the Park City Champions.

The author's comments:
If you publish this article about my love for basketball, my teacher (The Durfinator) will throw a doughnut party for my class.

Thank you and good night.