Football | Teen Ink

Football

It was a very dark and gloomy day. Me and all of my friends had football practice while it was raining.so we decided to have a little fun.We were all gearing up in the locker room it smelt like sweat and dirty feet.As we geared up we were told that it was gonna be cold so put on extra clothes if we had them. As we were walking down to the field it started pouring but we weren't gonna let some rain stop us from the grind.so we got down to the field and we ran and did our warm up.as we were doing our warmup we were all just thinkin about how we were going to do 7 on 7 against each other that is when we split the team up and play a actual football game. We were very excited to go against each other. We were excited because we never went against each other we always went against other team.

After we finished our warm up we started going over plays.when we were going over plays everyone was slipping and falling because of it was muddy out.Because of it was muddy out you have to keep your feet under you and don't go for any unnecessary moves because you will slip and fall. Everyone was slipping and falling because they weren't keeping their feet under them. As we were going over plays the field got really muddy so we had to switch fields.

When we switched fields we started working on punt return and kickoff.none of us could come off of the line fast because we knew if we were to go fast running off the line we would slip and fall.so we were all just taking our time and doing a lite run. We were doing a lite run so we didn't slip and fall and get embarrassed because if everyone seen you fall they would most likely laugh.

Then when we were all done we started our 7 on 7 games. And here came the moment when we knew we were all going to slip and fall.we knew we were all going to slip and fall because we are all very competitive and we always ran full speed against each other. We never went lite on each other because we liked to push ourselves to be better and pushing ourselves to make us better made us stronger.so the coaches picked teams and we  were about to start our game.

Before we started our game we had to take a water brake so that we could get hydrated.after our water brake we started to walk over to the field. When we got to the field we had to wait for everyone to get done getting a drink so that we could start.when we started everyone was playing dirty.  We were all helping each other up and telling people good job. Everyone was slipping and falling and slipping.

My friends did a play and I seen it coming so I ran in and hit the quarterback boom and then he said he was gonna get me back so I was like okay.so we were going on with the game .then boom he ran up to me and i tried tackling him and he juked me out and i went right into a puddle. It was very embarrassing.everyone was laughing because I went into a puddle and he scored.

From this life lesson I learned to always keep my head on the swivel and keep my feet under me.