A Future with You | Teen Ink

A Future with You

By Katiereinbolt SILVER, Hemet , California
Katiereinbolt SILVER, Hemet , California

I walk through the child filled hallways filtering through every different face but only looking for yours. I have to look up and high above the crowds of people because you tower over everyone.  I search for your soft brown eyes and your caramel brown hair that forms little curls at the back of your neck. I search for your broad soulders cutting through the crowds of people. Suddenly my eyes stop searching as they focus on you. They focus on your blue windbreaker that makes your eyes seem lighter. They focus on your long arms that I wish would wrap around me and hold me tight. As you get closer my ears recognize the familiar sound of you. Your contatious laugh that makes my day. The way my name sounds when it leaves your mouth. The way you move your arms when you walk and let your jacket rustle against itself. The sound you make when you dont want to laugh at my stupid jokes but you know they are funny. My heart breaks a little when you walk away to occupy yourself with something else butthe thought of seeing you again restores it. You dont know the way I feel about you. You dont know that I notice the little things. You dont know that you are almost always on my mind. All my thoughts involve you. You dont know and you will never know. You will never feel the same and nothing will ever happen but its nice to think of a future with you.