What Am I Afraid Of? | Teen Ink

What Am I Afraid Of?

December 5, 2017
By MDWriting BRONZE, Port Chester, New York
MDWriting BRONZE, Port Chester, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything Happens For A Reason


I’m afraid of heights, especially when I’m on a ferris wheel but not on a rollercoaster. I’m afraid of one day falling off a roof or drowning but I love to swim and I enjoy sitting on my roof. I’m afraid that everyone in my life will leave but i’m not afraid of being alone. I hate getting on the highway and getting so close to a truck that I start to get really nervous. I was never scared of trunks until one day my aunt and I were driving home one night when I was 8 and we almost crashed into a truck. I’ll never forget that day, but it’s in the past now. I’m afraid of crying in front of people because it makes me feel weak. I’m afraid to trust anyone, especially my friends and family. I’m afraid to make friends because they don’t last forever. I’m afraid not to accomplish anything in life. I’m afraid to graduate and go to college because I don’t know what I want to do. I’m afraid to be happy because I feel like it is just going to be taken away from me. 


The author's comments:

I hope others understand that being afraid is okay.