My Favorite Worst Days | Teen Ink

My Favorite Worst Days

September 22, 2017
By vanesaaa SILVER, Sacramento, California
vanesaaa SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou


The older I’ve gotten I’ve became much more mature from learning and growing from situations that have occurred. Back in middle school i was such a drama queen and was always trying to fight someone. Looking back I regret it but don't at the same time. If I haven't had gone through those situations I would most likely be dealing with all that in highschool which would have a much more affecting cuase. Getting into fights and drama has had the most valuable life lesson for me so far.


In the beginning of 7th grade I had a close friend name Julia. We were cool until she started speaking badly about me to others. Being the immature person I was I quickly called her out to meet me after school without even thinking of the consequences. She denied it and kind of refused to meet me up but ended up agreeing.


Throughout the day I told one person I was going to fight and word got around school by 2nd period. Once 6th period came I headed to the front of the school that's when i seen julia accompanied by a girl. This girl had the appearance that she was tuff and much more older than me.


I thought “ Oh s*** I'm going to get my ass beat today.” I didn't show no fear although I was actually scared.

“If i get my ass beat oh well but I’m not going to back out like a punk” I said to myself.


We started walking to the back and once I was going to throw hits at Julia, her cousin hits me in the face. I ended up fighting Julia’s cousin instead of her. After the fight I felt proud because I didn't get my ass beat but eventually ended up getting caught by the principle. There i was sitting in the principal's office listening to him saying that I was going to get kicked out of the school. I felt my heart beating, scared of what my parents were going to say. I ended up getting suspended, put on half days, and got lectured constantly by my parents. I regretted fighting but I guess I didn't so much because in the beginning of 8th grade I was going to fight another girl.


Unlike the first situation the district got involved this time. The school and district took it more serious supposedly because I was cyber bullying her. I thought they were doing to much because I just had texted her saying to fight me and not to tell anyone from school. The school took it as if I was a serious threat. I had a behavior hearing in which they were deciding whether to send me to a behavior school. At that moment I knew i f***ed up once again. I regretted sending those simple text messages because it had lead to such an unnecessary problem. I didn't get sent to behavior school but I was suspended and put on half days once again.


I missed a lot of school work when both of these situations occurred which caused my grades to fall. My teachers started thinking badly about me. Other students seen me as the drama queen. My mom was constantly stressed and worried about me. Both of these mistakes caused me so many consequences. I learned that fighting and getting into drama is for the weak since the little stuff had caused me to react like that then I was being weak rather than tuff. I find myself not into s*** the way I used to. I’m in this wierd but comfortable state where I appreciate my space. I enjoy my sanity, I enjoy life drama free, I enjoy me basically.


The author's comments:

I hope readers realize that mistakes are okay to ignoledge and learn from them for the better.