Fighting the Wrong People | Teen Ink

Fighting the Wrong People

September 22, 2017
By Villiami SILVER, Sacramento, California
Villiami SILVER, Sacramento, California
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"stars cant shine without darkness"


My favorite mistake was me getting into a fight with my cousin and my dad. It wasn't just my favorite mistake but, it was a lesson. The lesson was to not fight with family. That should be a lesson to you to. You shouldn't fight family in the first place.

It all started when my cousin came at me the wrong way. So I took it to personal. Then I confronted him and took the argument outside. When we got outside we argued. He was chattering I was for a little until I said, “bro you're soft you don't even want to fight”.


Then he said the wrong thing back to me saying, “your soft” so I started throwing hands. But, you know me I had to use my boxing skills on him. I started tagging him left hand, right hand, then…  my dad comes out.

Once my dad comes out he tries to break it up and ask, “why are you guys fighting STOP”. But, I was so mad I didn't care who I was fighting. So after I just finish working my cousin I thought I was tough and threw shades (fist) at my dad. I didn't affect him, the man is 6’7. At this moment I knew I messed up. Never have I ever fought my dad that was the first and hopefully the last L ill take from my pops.

Fighting my cousin wasn't really a problem. The problem was fighting my dad. Because after piecing my cousin my dad started peicing me. Lesson one when you're fighting your cousin just stop when someone pulls you. Don't fight the person who was trying to stop it. The situation just gets worser and worser as it goes if you keep on continuing it.

I learned to not fight with family and just talk it out. This is why this is my favorite mistake because I learned a valuable lesson. Never fight family even if they're being really annoying and acting real tough. Don't fight family but, if it happens with someone else that's all on you. It's your decision.
 


The author's comments:

The thing that inspired me was it was a mistake as well as a lesson.