Letter to the Editor: "How to be a Princess" | Teen Ink

Letter to the Editor: "How to be a Princess"

February 2, 2017
By young.wit BRONZE, Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
young.wit BRONZE, Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I agree with Maya V. when she writes about convincing her little cousin Anika, that you don’t have to wear a crown or pretty dress to be a princess or apply to a pageant.  You can be whoever you want. I have a strong connection in the article, “To Be a Princess.”  When there comes a time your little cousin becomes of age, seeing other girls in dresses & crowns sparkling with glitter and makeup on their face. That opens a mindset up to them they want to become a princess, exactly in the movie Cinderella. That same thing that happens to every little girl at a time of age, precisely to my little cousin Kylie just like in the article, the girl Anika was convinced into becoming a princess. Everyone should get their dream into becoming what they want even though they don’t know it yet. “I could tell Anika that people like us could wear a crown, people like us could be anything.” It brings me back when I gave my little cousin a talk, mentioning she could be anything she wants a princess, also having a long line of girls in my family wanting to be a princess. Which I felt a connection between my life & article.


This article made me feel how warm kinded a person you are, I thank you Maya for taking a risk for sharing your story.