Snatched Away: A Piece of Joy | Teen Ink

Snatched Away: A Piece of Joy

January 5, 2017
By kskpillai SILVER, Trivandrum, Other
kskpillai SILVER, Trivandrum, Other
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."


I was over the top, with friends and family raving about my talents!

I felt I was incomparible, supreme, the best of all. My talent was my life and joy, and I took pride in it.

When a disaster struck.

Shattered, my heart cried out for solace, for it had realised the existence of someone whose talent was the same as mine, yet, better developed and beautifully displayed.

Envy stabbed my heart, and tears rolled down my face, because losing the pedestal I had been placed upon, was like losing the one thing that had distinguished me from others.

Not anymore. 

Voila! In a second, what my eyes had seen left me hopeless, I was left wishing for yet another unique label, but in my heart of hearts, I knew I could not justify my anger, sorrow or jealousy. I knew those who could sympathize with me were only the ones who had borne the exact same pain. I knew I was all alone because no one had experienced that.

Wasn't that pain unique?

No! Yet another voice speaking of that very same ache cried out.

I knew I could not be consoled.