Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

By nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California
nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California

"eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

Sacramento is full of trees. The tall trees along the two beautiful major river. Couple miles up the river is the Capital glow when the sun hits it. When the sun set the city glows from every street light. Tourist coming and staying at our 5-star hotel by the four free ways. Sac have 285 days of sunlight every year. Going to the beautiful park like how we did as kids.

I never wanted to come to this but everything I said isn’t the truth. The two major river has so much trash it looks like dead bodies floating around. Homeless people just crowding and crowding at night in the public transit because their cold or tired. Kids at the park, they start to fade when cars come and go. They never know who the next victims will be. At night the pops in the air sounds like the fireworks on july 4. I not know when or where it’s going to fall back down. I’ve listen to the police sirens for so long the that I can just make a beat to go with it.
While i’m here writing this essay, i’m doing nothing stop my people from suffering but writing this essay. More and more people ending up on the streets. Why can’t they advertise about our people or is it that they’re making money not showing the bad things. I’m just hoping that tomorrow is a new day a better day.

I hope the message I wrote will change your mind about sacramento.

This is a personal experience of living in Sacramento.