Car Crash and Power Outage | Teen Ink

Car Crash and Power Outage

November 7, 2016
By gisseelah SILVER, Sacramento, California
gisseelah SILVER, Sacramento, California
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be yourself; everyone is already taken" - Oscar Wilde


A few weeks ago in Florin there was a power outage and a major car crash. I didn’t see anything.


Everything was pitch black.


I was laying down on my bed watching youtube around 2 am with my light on. All of a sudden my room became completely dark.


“Oh my God,” I yelled because I'm scared of the dark.I turned on the flash on my phone and ran to my brothers room.


“Manuel! Wake up. I’m scared. The power went out and it's hella dark.” I whispered, trying not to wake anyone else up.


“Leave me alone. Just go to sleep.” he said in a sleepy voice. I left him alone and knocked on my brothers room. He was at work but his girlfriend Ana was there.


“Ana? Are you awake? Can I come in?” I asked sounding scared.


“Yeah, come in.” she said as I was opening the door. “Do you see how dark it is?”


“Yes, I got hella scared. What time is Danny coming home from work?” I asked.


“In like five minutes I think.” she said, “He said there was a car crash when I called him”


I quickly ran to Manuels room and woke him up because I knew he would want to see a car crash. A few minutes later my brother came home. We got in the car and talked about how cool and dark it was that night. He drove passed the car crash really slow so we can observe. It was weird seeing all the car lights in a group and darkness surrounding the situation.


“This is crazy, how does this happen?” I thought to myself. I remember seeing like five cops and a white truck smashed into a big pole.


We got home like around 3 am watching my dad pack his lunch for work. We said our goodbyes. Right after he left all the power came back on and I fell right asleep.


When I seen the truck smashed, I was honestly amazed. This made me realize that anything bad can happen at any time.  It really opened my eyes because the people you love may not be with you tomorrow.