I Didn't See it Coming | Teen Ink

I Didn't See it Coming

By nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California
nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California

"eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

This was a regular ordinary day. I got up like every other day, but my mom told me we was going to my uncles. I usually never wanted to go. I was only 2 not knowing I was going to get hit by a car. I got to my uncle's house it was the afternoon windy but the air smelt like strawberry, the bamboo tree was making creepy noises. When we went up to ring the doorbell I felt a bubbling in my stomach, when i rung the doorbell it was the loud old school ones.

When we went inside the house it smelled like incense that asian people use. I wonder why it smelled like that, but I guess they only used it to make the house smell good. I was bored and had no toys to play with, my mom came and said “i’m going to the store with aunty so stay here with your dad and uncle.” but she said it in Hmong. “MOM!!! I want to go to it’s boring.” said by me, “No you can’t go, you want to be a girl mom,” said in Hmong. I didn’t want to be a girl, so I stayed home with my dad and uncle. So then my uncle and dad were talking in Hmong while sitting down whipping my tears listen to my dad and uncle talk. It’s been been a couple hours later and my mom and aunty still haven’t came back, I got worried that something happened to them.

Then my dad got this phone call and it was my mom she told my dad to come outside and get the stuff because they where down the street. So we went outside and waited for mom to come. So I was just playing by myself running around the bamboo tree pretending I was cop. Then when my mom pulled up she didn’t pulled up on the driveway she parked on the other side of the street. My dad told me to wait while they go get the stuff from the car. I didn’t listen to what my dad had said and ran I didn’t even make it halfway across the street when my life flashed before my eyes.

“BOOM!!!!!”, I get hit by a car and broke my leg then I passed out. I remember waking up in the ambulance trying to cover my face cause I was shy. We never found the guy who hit me but all we know was it was a hispanic man. Now I learned a lesson that day. I look both ways before crossing the street now. That could've been my life but luckily enough I didn’t. So always look both ways even though you think there no cars coming by, because i learned a lesson that life is short.

this is a AUTO-I about me getting hit by a car.