A Heart Like No Other | Teen Ink

A Heart Like No Other

By Mich7 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Mich7 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Throughout my family, we share many traits, but we are also different through fellow eyes. Our personalities make us stand out from one another, it makes us independent. My brother’s personality is a wave in the ocean, building and growing… until it finally becomes just another piece of the ocean. His smirk lets you know he’s up to no good, and a laugh loud enough to lose control of your own maturity. My mother, her personality is quiet like a sunday morning in the winter when there are no birds bickering, or wind whistling. Yet, she’s kind hearted, hearing whatever I have to say, with eyes watching me become a strong women. I know her personality speaks to everyone of the amount of pride she has in us. My personality is much more unhinged from my family. I have a voice that speaks louder than a lion’s roar, and a heart that forever emits love and joy through even the darkest situations. A smile so warming, it’s like a summer sun settling on cool skin. Then there’s my father, oh how his personality floats among everyone he meets. His eyes wide open letting his sights soak into memories, they’re so brown like chocolate hershey kisses bringing a brighter smile to a fragile face. The way he sings and moves when he hears the ring of music in the air, is like watching a flower dance in the wind. Oh but how he knows when something is wrong and his comfort of a single song, “You are my sunshine,” makes me feel more dazzling than any sun or star I’ve ever seen. A hero since I was a child, when he saves the day with the threat of a tickle monster or the embarrassment of his obnoxiously intense laugh, he has a heart like no other. But… my father lies. He lies about having good health saying he’ll live a long life, he lies about how the company he has to work for isn’t crumbling apart, he lies about having enough money to support my brother and I all alone, he lies about never being tired and constantly being happy. He lies because of me, to see me happy, to see me grow, and listen to me tell stories I know he doesn’t care to hear. He lies because he loves me… my father has a heart like no other.