Editorial: Regulations and Rules for Business Day 2016 | Teen Ink

Editorial: Regulations and Rules for Business Day 2016

May 14, 2016
By Glenn BRONZE, Jakarta, Other
Glenn BRONZE, Jakarta, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In the upcoming anticipated event Business day on May 25th, 2016, all of the students will participate, and there will be many parents coming to this event. However, most of the people coming do not agree and do not want to follow the rules. Some people might think, “why plastic is not allowed?” and some other rules the government made that they do not agree towards.

 

Some new rules and regulations are made for this year’s Business day. The examples of the new rules are, during this year’s Business day, plastic is not allowed and we need to prepare our own trash bin. The writer agree with the rules because if use too many plastic bags, it will be very dangerous for the environment.


Another example is that nowadays in supermarket, they will need to pay Rp, 200 for using a provided plastic bag. This situation happens because if we use too many plastic bags it will be dangerous to the environment. We need to adapt to the current situation because if we keep on using plastic bags, it will be harmful to the environment. Moreover, most of the students also think that they do not have to pay the tax to the government, but actually the government helped them a lot to organize their business, so I think that the government deserved to be paid for their hard work.


Another rule that has been applied for this year’s business day is that there will be no consignment. During last year’s business day, parents are allowed to consign with the students, however this year the government thinks different. Without having the consignment, students need to work optimally to make sure other people will buy their product. Without consignment, students will also be more independent with their own business.


Hawker is also a tradition that has been a long time with the Business day event. This year’s Business day, hawkers are allowed for only the last fifteen minutes. Hawkers before the last fifteen minutes can be dangerous for other people because there are still many people, and if we sell drink and it drops, someone could just slip and get an injury.


This year, the booth rental for the first floor is Rp, 12.000 and for the second floor costs Rp, 10.000. This time, the rental cost is more expensive in each class because they can get facilities like AC, a much larger space, and parents will feel more comfortable to visit their booth. Then, during this year Business day, the electricity bill will also be more expensive compare to last year’s so this will also teach the student to re consider the usage of electricity so they won’t waste many electricity and their money. Other rules like avoiding chaos during Business day and having appropriate name for the booth is an obvious rule, so that the event can run smoothly and parents won’t complain to the teacher about it.


Now, participants clearly object the prohibition of the use of plastic bag. If the school has prohibited the use of plastic bag, I think that the school should provide other alternative way like providing a trash bin for throwing trash.


Most of the disagreements are done because of the unclear explanation of the rules and the different understanding from each student. I hope that people can understand why we cannot use plastic bag and why we should pay tax to the person that have organize our business. In a quote there once said, “If you don’t like the rule, just follow it, reach on the top, and change the rules”, from Adolf Hitler.