An Awesome Night | Teen Ink

An Awesome Night

By Bruce-Wayne BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Bruce-Wayne BRONZE, Tirana, Other

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It was a very exciting morning for me because it was halloween. I got ready for school very fast and immediately got on the bus after breakfast. In school I was very excited passed so fast that I didn’t pay attention to my classes, so I don’t remember how school was that day. When I came home I immediately made my hair into Wolverine’s and wore my costume, then I went to my friends house. When I arrived only two people were there so we waited for the others. After everyone came we all welcomed each other and started eating and watching cartoons (It was more like a costumed game party than a halloween party). We all got bored so we played rock paper scissors to decide what to do. There were three options, wrestling, playing MW2-3 or waiting until it was late so we could go trick or treating, we removed that option and just decided to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or 3, so we went upstairs to the game room.

We divided into teams of five and played for an hour with switching with the person who was left out after every match (If you have never played call of duty with friends on couch mode, it only allows four people to play at a time, we had two ps3’s so five people on each the one person left out would switch after every match). After that we realized we still had about two hours so we decided to make a nerf war downstairs.

I was the captain of my team because I had also brought Captain America’s shield that I made and I was the most excited one to be the captain. We picked our five people teams and set everything up, then started the war. We were fighting from our covers but it felt boring for me because I wanted to go out with my awesome shield and do something that would be in a matrix movie (I normally hate war but sometimes I have to let my anger and energy out). I could not hold myself anymore and I just sneaked out of cover. I had an actual plan for this though, me and my best friend had hidden two semi-auto nerfs. He was hiding with the Barricades in case someone found them, I sneaked towards him and grabbed one of the barricades, then I put the shield on my back and we (him and I) ran inside shooting, I jumped sideways and tried to shoot people, I failed miserably and fell hard on the floor. I got up pulled my shield and threw at one of the shooter’s legs then ran into cover. There were two people left one of them in the middle crawling my friend immediately shot him on his back, then hid behind a couch, I ran towards him and hid behind the couch. Then I got up ready to shoot but there he was pointing the nerf gun at my head. There were about eight centimeters (about three inches) between the nerf gun and my head. I knew what to do, push the gun with my non dominant hand to his dominant hands side and then shoot him with the nerf gun in my right (dominant) hand, it all happened really quickly, at first I could not believe I had done that, but after he fell down with a very surprised face I felt so good, and then my team, even the ones that were shot came out of cover and cheered for our win. Each of us won the privilege to not switch with anyone for fifteen matches that were at least thirty minutes each, when we played any co-op game.  

After that intense war we needed to chill out. My best idea was going outside and sitting at the table behind the back door and drawing or just sitting for half an hour, but they decided to shoot some arrows instead. After a chilling bow and arrow target practice, we prepared our costumes and went to the neighbor’s house to trick or treat.

We knocked on the door and a little kid opened it, he was so scared to see us (especially me because I was dressed as Wolverine.) that he threw the bar of chocolate he was eating, to my friends head and he fell on the floor. I was laughing so hard that I didn’t even notice that the kid slammed the door on our faces. After we realized that he was too dizzy to walk by himself we laughed for a good ten minutes while helping him walk, I was actually concerned about him but I could not stop laughing. After a while I was actually crying  because I was laughing so hard, my friends were laughing both with me and at me.

Finally to finish the night we decided to watch paranormal activity to stick with the halloween theme. Towards the end of the movie a weird smell covered the room and when I turned left I saw my friends intense face and asked him what happened, he answered “You don’t want to know.” Of course I understood that he pooped himself so I told my best friend to come with me and we went upstairs. I did not warn the others because I knew it would be so worth it when I saw their faces after they realized and came upstairs. We got new pants and underwear for the poopy friend and we went upstairs one more floor to the game room and we sat at the couches. We were talking about who was going home or not. I wanted to go home but everyone answered “please don’t we were having so much fun.” I wanted to go home a lot but they said “We’ll play Modern Warfare three” So I did not have any choice but to stay and play I had my privilege anyways so everything was good. After three more hours it was so late that I decided to stay over night. That was one of my favorite days in my life, I this story entertained you, thank you for reading.           

I like violence, but I only like it when it is drawn or acted, because I hate seeing other people getting hurt without their own permission.Fwy  (in case you tought I was a bad person)