A Holiday in Cameron Highland | Teen Ink

A Holiday in Cameron Highland

April 11, 2016
By Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
16 articles 1 photo 0 comments

My parents make it a point to take the family to a beach  resort for a holiday at least once a year. My siblings and I look forward to these trips as we love swimming in the sea.

This year, however, my fathersuggested that we go to a highland resort instead. When he mooted the idea to is, there were groans of dissapointment from all of us. A holiday whitout a beach was unheared of in our family. How would we spend our time? We would be bored to death!

Neverthless, my father was adamant that we try something different for a change. So, recluctantly wepacked our bags and made our way to Cameron Highlands. We arrived there and checked into the bungalow my father had booked. It was a plesant suprise to us that the bungalow was very spacious and well-furnished, and there was even a fireplace! We were thrilled to have rooms of our own.

We visited tea plantations,the flower nurseries, the strawberry farm and the fresh markets. We also took long walks and enjoyed the cool weather, which was a pleasant change from scorching sun in Kuala Lumpur.

We also spent a lot of time indoors enjoying each other's company. We also played cad and board games. It was niceto see my mother taking a break from the kitchen and relaxing with her storybooks.
       

We definitely changed our tune about highland holidays. What did I learnt from the trip? The answer is obvious-
we should not be afraid of change. It may do us good.