My High School Experience...So Far | Teen Ink

My High School Experience...So Far

February 25, 2016
By Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Break the rules. Be a fighter. Any dream is possible if you are brave enough to do it YOUR way." - A.J Lee


High School isn’t as bad as people make it seem. Students that are in High School make it seem as if it’s the most horrifying thing in the world. They come up with the most exaggerated things to say about it. I still remember my cousins telling me that in High School you get Bullied, you won’t make any friends or that the teachers are mean and they give you so much work to do in your class but it’s not like that for me. High School for me so far is like a rollercoaster ride.
           

When I think of my High School experience, theirs good memories, bad memories, mistakes and lessons that I was able to learn from. 3 years of High School are going by so fast their flashing by me graduation is on its way and it’s scary to think that in a year you’ll be out the door. There are so many things to do in High School that you would wish to do and you’ll regret not doing them by the time you’re out of school. If you in High School I suggest to join clubs and probably some sports that you haven’t played before it’s always fun to try new things. Don’t stop yourself from trying new things you won’t know if you could like them.
           

I still remember my first day of High School like if it was yesterday. Freshmen year was probably the most difficult year for me I struggled to fit in. I could say I was an outcast and I was fine it yeah, at times I would wonder who I was. It was difficult to be in a High School by yourself, most of the friends that I graduated middle school with moved out of state or went to a different High School and that brought me down. I wasn’t going to graduate and have an amazing High School experience with them as we first thought. We would talk about it in middle school during our lunch time how it would have been so cool to have a big party once we graduate that made me excited to go to high school right away.
       

That fantasy that we had imagined vanished when we graduated from middle School. It was difficult at first splitting up from the friends you made but it helped realized that they’re not going to be with you forever. The best thing that could have happened to me was splitting up from them because I meet the most amazing people who I don’t consider them as friends, they’re family. I struggled finding the person that I was, I thought for sure High School would be just like they had described it for me but I wasn’t willing to let my once in a life time experience to be dull and boring. Spring sports were approaching and I decided to join soccer I mean it was in my blood to do this sport so I went for it. I’m glad I did it was the greatest experience I’ve had but I stopped due to an injury but this year I’m going to play once again Junior year is the year where I’m going to the experience.
     

My High school experience is different from everyone and I don’t want people to listen to bad things they say about High School because it’s your experience that matters not others. I’ve mature from the experiences that I’ve been through and that helped me become the person that I am now. It’s your experience that matters and you decide how you want to remember the last 4 years of school before you go out to the real world.