The Night My Dreams Came True | Teen Ink

The Night My Dreams Came True

By Luclica_Luminescence BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
Luclica_Luminescence BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

"There is no book long enough, nor a cup of tea big enough for me."- C.S.Lewis

Weeks of practice had been finished. I tried to calm my nerves, but it was to no avail. My first time singing in front of hundreds of people alone was here. A room full of faces stared at me as a walked towards the mic. "Deep Breaths!" I silently reminded myself. The rest of the choir was behind me. My best friends and family was in the crowds. Suddenly, it was time. There was no time for worry. I took a deep breath, and belted out my song.

It was the best feeling. A rush of adrenaline, a deep breath, and then the funniest feeling. Its hard to describe. It was almost like a deep peace. From the first note to the last, all the nervousness melted away, and all I could do was sing. Sing! It was magical.

In bed, after the performance, it hit me. This was more than a hobby, and this choir could not contain me much longer. I knew, at that moment, singing was my destiny. And that destiny I plan to fulfil.

This is a true story of a time where I got a solo price in a choir. It was the best moment of my lifel