Two Beating Hearts | Teen Ink

Two Beating Hearts

By chloe5427 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
chloe5427 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

"I am a poem in progress, a tangle of meanings searching for the right words." -Unknown

He was the first one to hurt me. I was the first one to fall. Two beating hearts with irregular beats and brokenness. Two who do not belong together, but can’t say goodbye. Two hearts lost without each other. Unexpected fighting, an everyday thing, causing strain and I started to feel him slipping away.
Our relationship got worse. A straight shot downhill. We grew closer and we grew apart, praying every night that our relationship could be fixed and we could be happy and we could be in love and never give up on each other. That was just a wish.
Don’t let us forget why we started, we thought we would make it, both with the dream of growing old with each other. Sorry, sorry, sorry, I’d say every day. His fault.
When he was too hurt and too sad he stopped trying, when we were a perfect picture, we were in a broken frame. When there was nothing left to fight for he left. Two who loved, but not forever. Two who beat together, never forgetting each other. Two whose only goal was to love and love.