My Brother Is One of My Best Friends | Teen Ink

My Brother Is One of My Best Friends

April 28, 2015
By jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
9 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You never know how strong you are until being strongis the ony choice you have" - Unknown


One of my best friends from the time I was born is my big brothers. I think it's nomal to say that I have my favorite. He is the oldest one if we are not counting my half brother. But my oldest brother,(let's say Jeff) is my best friend. I don't talk to him everyday. But he is the kind of friend that you could go forever without talking too, but start talking to him like you just talked an hour ago. 

The one reason he is my best firend is because he is like a dad to me. My dad was not a big person in my life. So my brother Jeff helped my mom take care of me. It's easy to talk about anyone in my family. I can talk about the stuff I have been though and not cry one time. But when it comes to Jeff, I can cry a river. I don't see him all the time because he is a lot older then me. And he never has money or he can't drive his car because its in the shop.  Everytime I call him, we have an great time. And after I hang up, I just start crying. People tell me all the time it's because he is the one of my family members that talks to me. (My live story is going to have to be for another day...) But when you have a brother that you love very much it's hard not to talk to them for a long time. And I will always have a hard time not talking to my brother.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this was that I feel like the people I live with don't care that much. And I miss my brother Jeff, a lot and it's hard to talk to him.