I went for a walk today | Teen Ink

I went for a walk today

By ThoughtBox GOLD, Sunnyvale, California
ThoughtBox GOLD, Sunnyvale, California

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." Margaret Mead

I went for a walk today. I went for a walk by myself, with my phone in my pocket, a water bottle in my hand and some stale bread. I thought the bread was for the ducks. I got hungry.
I went for a walk today and it seem every time I found a nice spot to sit I would sit down and five minutes later I would stand up. I guess I’m fickle.
I went for a walk today and I met a very sassy white goose. I fed him a piece of bread. Every time he got near me he would hiss, but he was always the one walking towards me. It seems to me that Geese are like fat swans with attitude.
I went for a walk today and I sat near this sort of river feeding into the bay. The water seemed almost like thick green Jell-o if it wasn’t for the ripples.
I went for a walk today and there were some cute black and white ducks that would swim away from me even though I tried to feed them bread.
I went for a walk today and I chased some jerky Canadian geese. I thought no one was watching. In my horror a mom with a stroller walked by afterwards staring at me. I pretended I had a text.
I went for a walk today and I climbed a tree. It seems like no one climbs trees anymore.
I went for a walk today and was bored. I think next time I’ll go for a walk with someone else.