Smorking | Teen Ink

Smorking

April 2, 2015
By SuzyAnna98 BRONZE, Sandakan, Other
SuzyAnna98 BRONZE, Sandakan, Other
1 article 2 photos 0 comments

Everyday, almost 3 900 adolescents under 18 years of age try their first cigarette. More than 950 of them will become daily smokers. 40% of teenagers who smoke daily have tried to quit but failed and 70% say they would not have started if they could choose again. Like most people, they already know that smoking is bad for their health. Do you know each time you take a puff on a cigarette, you suck 400 toxic chemicals and harmful substances that cause disease and premature death. Your physical condition will be negatively affected, so it will be very difficult for you to succeed in sport.Also, smoking produces lethal disease like cancer and reduce the length and quality of your life. Maybe you do not notice all the physical affect of smoking immediatly, but you surely will be sorry one day.Many people who take cigarette want to quit smoking habits. Quitting smoking is not impossible. First, write a list of the reasons why you want to stop and always keep them with you. Refer to it when templed to light up. Second, set a date for stopping and stop completely. Third, tell everyone that you are giving up smoking. Friends and family often give support and may help you. If approprite, try to get household members who smoke or friends who smoke to stop smoking at the same time. A team effort may be easier than going it alone.


The author's comments:

 well, we must stop take cigarette before it will too late. Remember the people around you. They will not want to see you die young.I you do not want to see their sadness because of you, so what are you waiting for? Sto taking cigarette and say no to smoking from now on.