My Educational Goals | Teen Ink

My Educational Goals

March 9, 2015
By drtennis GOLD, Katy, Texas
drtennis GOLD, Katy, Texas
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I look up at the night sky and I know that yes, we are part of this universe, we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us." - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson


When asked about my General Educational Goals, I chose "other/not listed". I did this not because I don't know what i want to do, but because I DO know. I plan on graduating from Rice University and attending Medical school, becoming a Cerebrospinal Surgeon and pursuing medical research. My educational goals do not fall under "Health care" or "Science" because my education will not be marginalized and diminished. I have big dreams and one specific area of study cannot satiate them. My interests range from Stock Market analysis and Supernovae to Infectious diseases and Particle Physics. College will allow me to explore those interests while remaining focused on Medical School. Ultimately, my educational goals are to lead a better life than my parents did. My father always told my that education is the only key to success in this world and without it, human progress would not exist. I took the words of my father to heart when writing this essay, for I believe education is MY key to success. Beyond college and Medical School, I don't want my education to stop, I plan to pursue Medical research in either the fields of Evolutionary Genetics or CerebroSpinal Surgery. Regardless of what path I take, my education will not cease. Even if I remain in the "Other" category, I will always know where I want to be, someone who took advantage of what he was given and someone who understood the value of education.