Just Do It | Teen Ink

Just Do It

By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero

Wow I haven’t written here in a while now. Let’s see if I still get the hold of this. A few months ago I was faced with the big challenge of writing a book for the personal project of my school. I had to research, develop a criterion and create a story. After one month and a half of complete isolation of the outside world, a Christmas break spent writing and school days thinking “What next?” in the story. I finished the book. I had people telling me it would be too challenging. People telling me to shorten my goal. I closed my ears and I did it. I focused on my passion for books and I developed Jay and Violet and Margarida and Malik and Stacy, all wonderful characters who gave me long headaches over the past months. Writing the book was one of the most magical and enthusiastic things I ever accomplished. Finishing writing a chapter and jumping on the couch because I’m so happy with the way Jay and Violet were falling in love or the way Margarida had arguments with everyone in the story but still came out as the bravest character of the story. Ending the book at 2 am and drinking fake apple champagne with my mom. The whole process was a journey, an exhausting journey from which I wished to give up many times but knew I couldn’t. Living inside the world I created in the book wonderful and I couldn’t be prouder now. Thursday I got the books and tomorrow I’m taking them to school. The novel has sweat, tears and a little blood on those thin white papers, but above all, they have love. I didn’t want to give one of those boring cliché long speeches about not giving up but I know there’s always someone who might needs one so here it goes. For you who needs help now more than anything, I want to tell you to do it, not to give up. Close your ears to anyone around you who might tell you off and focus on your target because when you do it, you feel fireworks of happiness inside. I hope this helped you smile again because you need to do what your passion tells you to do, you need to know your limits and when is too wrong but most of all, you need to try; otherwise a great idea goes to waste. And no one would thank you for that.

:D