Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

January 29, 2015
By ILoveFlowers BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
ILoveFlowers BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
1 article 2 photos 2 comments

 My life has been taken from me a long time ago and only now is it really affecting me. For the longest time, my family has been in disrepair because of my father. Most of my life I have always felt that I did not belong here, no one cared about me, and no one would truly love me and take the time to understand me. Sometimes I feel like I should just end my life to stop all the pain I feel. At the age of 4, I did not know anything and my brother took advantage of that.

 

What happened when I was a child is something that I can never forget. It’s easy for me to forget everything I see or hear, because of my brain damage. When I was still little, my older brother threw me down the stairs and slammed the back of my head against the wall, and because of that I now have short-term memory loss, which still hurts today. Having school every day did not help. I was bullied every minute of every day. As a kid I did not know why I was bullied, but now that I am older I believe the reason why I was bullied was because of my short term memory loss. Because of that I could not read or spell, and everyone made fun of me because of it. I never had people to call friends to hang out with or have a sleep over. It was only me, all through elementary school. In middle school I thought that everything would be the same and I would be all alone again, but when I got to my class room and I had to find a seat somewhere, I sat with the people that saved my life and gave me a future. They were three girls, “Michaela, Alyssa, and Cassidy”. They became my best friends forever, all through high school. We did things that I never thought that I would get to do in my whole life, but all of that changed when family problems began to come up and we had to move away from Maui to start a new life. We chose Maine. After we moved most of our stuff from Maui, we immediately started school and I think I was the only one that was excited to start school. But with the time that’s past, my siblings and I have improved tremendously in our grades from our other schools. And even with our new lives we still have trouble with it and the one that always inspires me in everything has always been my mommy.

 

My mom is my inspiration, because she understands me and tries to communicate with me. She has always been the one person that really loves me in this world and without her, I would be nothing. There are times when I would doubt her in food and clothing, but in the end I will always thank her for everything she has done for my family and me. I am proud to call her my mommy. And I promised her that I will go to college, get a great job I love and help her, the way she helped me. All these years. She is has always been the reason way I am alive in this world, but only know I relies it. Maybe in the future, I will find someone I love and give him a reason or have children and give them a reason, like my mommy.


The author's comments:

This was a homework in my english class