The Day You Ran Away | Teen Ink

The Day You Ran Away

You are stupid. You are lost. You are scared. Confused. You ran away and said you were sorry. I don't ever want to be there again. My senior year became all about you. So many tears. You are my little sister who is supposed to be innocent and naive. You hurt me, hurt mom, you hurt a lot of people. I couldn't go after you because mom told me to go home but I couldn't leave you there all alone. I want to hate you, but to much crap has happened and I can't hate you. We were at the student parking lot standing there with my car you stole. No glasses, blue jacket, my keys in hand. No sense, no sense, no sense. You were afraid, so afraid, and you ran away. You are confused. You used to play dolls with me and we were so close. Now you are all alone. I don't know what to do. I can't really do anything. You are at another school and I am here. I feel as if I have lost you in some way, like I don't even know you anymore. You need therapy. My sister, my sister, my little sister...my scared, stupid, selfish, depressed, confused little sister. You caused so much pain within me, liked you ripped out the love I had for you, continuously tearing it into little pieces. Soon, there will be no more pieces. You are lost, Lindsay.

This piece is a monologue I wrote for an acting class I took. This actually happened to me and as I wrote it, I was reliving the experience all over again.

It is important to write how you feel, whether on paper or on screen. Sometimes, just writing it down can make you feel a whole lot better.