One Forbidden Song | Teen Ink

One Forbidden Song

By Sam Brunelli SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Sam Brunelli SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin

It is the only one that speaks to me. I am the only one who can’t hear its song. One forbidden song with a unique mind and a heart like mine. One that can never be heard but still sings so loud.  One imagined chorus played again and again in my head.  From my heart, I try to hear it, but the artist forbidding doesn’t allow more than a beat.
My song is secret.  It would send perfect rhythm through my ears.  It speeds up and slows down and always manages to push through my thoughts into my mind and never quits to reappear. This is why I listen. 
Let me not forget this song, I would sadden like a song fades into nothing with its beat drifting into space.  Beat, beat, beat, I feel when I sleep. It beats.        
When I am down and too down to keep the beat, when I’m lost in my thoughts having to pick, I listen to the song. When there is nothing left to think I listen. One song thats there despite being stopped.  One song I want to hear but I can’t. One whose only reason is to be forbidden from me.