Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By Swasher SILVER, Hsinchu County, Other
Swasher SILVER, Hsinchu County, Other

It seemed like the noises at school never stopped. I felt my “blighted” soul after school that day, but I couldn’t do anything with it because I still had night class intil nine p.m. So I wandered around the school; passed by hyperactive young kids in grade 1 and at last the gym that showed the fervent of life, with groups pf people playing basketball there. I took the stairs, walked to the second floor. Then, I found that place. The place that gave me a different taste of life, a different experience.

Standing there, I could see people walking down from the third floor down to the second floor. I could see people rushing through the “Korrnell square”, a blank space in the middle of my school's first floor. I could even see leaves precariously hanging on the edge of the thin tree trunk. The most important of all, this was a serene place, just right for me to calm down the rising waves in my heart. It seemed like magic when you found out that the school can be so quiet and peaceful. I was all alone, nobody was there to talk to me about tests, homework, or gossips. Nobody, was there to slash this silence. I felt that all the bad things that happened weren’t that bad any more; they appeared to be some memories, lessons. I figured that most humans are wrong about the word “alone”. Alone doesn’t mean that you have no friend, you’re isolated, or nobody cares about you, no. It means that you found yourself, peaceful in the heart, the true you! I noticed everything that was happening around me. There was never a time when this world wasn’t changing.

The poem “Alone” quoted, “nobody but nobody, can walk out here alone…” Nobody can, but there’s always moments that you have to be alone by yourself. There’s always moments when you needed to find yourself back in this huge world. Love, hurt, frustration, surprises, competitions…they wouldn’t even matter any more, as long as you tried your best to live the best life you can.

Have you found the true you? Have you ever recognized how powerful a cleared mind could be?