Yeah, I'm Gay, So What? | Teen Ink

Yeah, I'm Gay, So What?

By BrandonT GOLD, West Newton, Pennsylvania
BrandonT GOLD, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Hi, I'm gay, and there's nothing wrong with it. I can go on about how over 1500 animal species display homosexual behavior, or how it's at least proven that being gay is not a choice, but I'd rather convey a personal account. I first noticed that I liked boys around 12, but didn't come out as "bisexual" until the age of 14. That was probably the worst year to come out because that is when my depression hit. It was hard, but I persevered. When I was 15 I realized I was gay and was happy, even though I was called a f*g a lot. Then I tried to deny it and went off on a dating spree with different girls. None of them worked out. My last girlfriend was actually my best friend a long time before we started dating and it was my longest relationship. Sadly that is when I realized I'm not going to be happy if I lie to myself, so I ended the relationship... It all was horrible, her parents hated me, they kicked me out, but we are still friends even though it will probably never be the same. The the theme of the story is: BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. Now that I'm single and true to myself, I feel free! Not because she was a terrible, unloving girlfriend, I would like to make it clear she was the opposite and the most caring and faithful girl I know, but because I wasn't in love, I just loved her like a sister. You can't fall in love with someone you're not attracted to them, at least from my experience. If you have the re-accuring thought that you're gay, you probably are, if you feel attracted to both genders then you're probably bisexual. Just remember, no matter who you are attracted to, you are still human and love is love!

I wanted to write this for anyone who is having confused feelings, to show them there will be some hardships, but in the end it's easier to face them when you are true to yourself and happy.

Anastasia.Z BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Life is like quicksand. The more we struggle, the more we drown in it. -Keanu Reeves

Hello Brandon. I loved this piece and I also wanted to ask if you knew if "our" dear friend ScarlettJ is single? Or, better yet, is she Gay?

on Sep. 18 2014 at 11:58 am
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

Hey I added this to my favorites. Good job, and thanks. :)

RueKay BRONZE said...
on Sep. 18 2014 at 10:10 am
RueKay BRONZE, Indianaoilis, Indiana

Love isn't a trend , you cant just throw it away when your DONE.

this is very inspirational . I love it!

Germanyrulz said...
on Sep. 18 2014 at 7:36 am
Germanyrulz, West Newton, Pennsylvania
I love this work, it's really inspiring!