The Most Embarrassing Moment | Teen Ink

The Most Embarrassing Moment

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

I've never considered myself an outgoing person. Never tried to talk out in class, or raise my hand even when I knew the answers. I was rather... quiet. But on this day in particular, I was going to say heck with it and give it a try, but Mrs. Apple hadn't picked on me. All class, I raised and just about stood up on my desk. But nothing.

Defeated, and completely annoyed, I slouched back in my seat and once again became invisible to the world. I closed my eyes.

"Now, Allison Ranger, why don't you tell the class the answer for number six?" Mrs. Apple called. I was so taken by surprise that I had sat up and just when I was about to talk a horrible rumble swept through my stomach and a gross, loud burp exploded through the air.

Several students turned in their seats to glance at me, even the teacher was wide eyed.

The girl in front of me said," Girl, no need to shout."

Before I knew it, the entire class was in laughing. falling over and clutching their stomachs and others smacking their desks. Even the teacher placed a hand over her mouth to stop from giggling.

And I?
I was on fire. Flames licked my skin and I sat back.
I was NEVER raising my hand again.

This was so embarrassing, believe me!