Writer's Paradise | Teen Ink

Writer's Paradise

By allief2000 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
allief2000 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind," ~ Dr. Seuss

There's no way to hide when you're in a wheelchair. No way to blend. No way to not be seen. You always end up being the center of everything. Adults will treat you special, and kids will resent you for it. You can't tell the adults you don't need help, because you do. Kids will judge. They'll make short bus jokes, they'll call you names. There's nothing you can do. That's how it is for me. They diminish my accomplishments, and they point out my mistakes. Some people even make me feel like I'm not even human. It gets to a point where there's no light at the end of the tunnel. The future just seems dark. But their is a light. Everyone has one. Mine is my writing. I create a fantasy world through my stories, somewhere I can go when I need a break from this world. Writing is like a flashlight in the dark, and each word is a battery. I don't need a vacation to get away. I just need to write. I've never fully understood why I get bullied so much, and I probably never will. It doesn't matter. None of it does. I have a place where they can't touch me. My very own Writer's Paradise.

This is just how I get through being bullied because of my wheelchair.