My Dear Girl | Teen Ink

My Dear Girl

November 22, 2013
By KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York
KatieDear PLATINUM, East Greenbush, New York
27 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Stars can't shine without darkness


My Dear,
These past few years we have had this awful on and off friendship. I want to be friends with you. I want to make it work. But the mistake I made was falling in love with you. I'm mad at myself for it. We have tried to make our friewndship work, but every time I would get too attached. And when I did, you would push me away. It's my fault. It's all my fault. For these past couple years, I have wanted to call you mine, hold you in my arms and just tell you how beautiful you are. You deserve a girl like that. You deserve to be happy.

Do you remember when we first met? When we first talked? When you taught me that it's okay to skip class once and a while? When we first kissed? I do. I rememebr it all. We both cheated on our girlfriends. Do you rememebr that? But I guess that doesnt matter now does it?

A couple weeks ago, I texted you and asked why we don't talk anymore. You responded,"Because you cant handle it and I cant handle you." That crushed me. It felt as if you ripped my heart into pieces, set it on fire and then stomped on it. I cried and cried and cried. But you dont care. I'm still upset about it. So, I texted your ex. We talked a lot about you and how stupid it was to let you come between us. Hope you dont mind that we're friends. i certainly dont see a problem with it. The only problem I see is that I lost someone very important to me. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for caring about you. I'm sorry I fell in love with you. I'm sorry for everything.


I hate when I pour my heart out to you becayse you dont care. We fight and you just brush me off for weeks on end. But what I hate most of all is that I can't completely get over you and thatI'm still here for you whenever you need me. I miss you a lot and I want you back in my life. But maybe you're right. maybe its not in our est intrest.

Scincerly,


Kat