Lost (A Prologue) | Teen Ink

Lost (A Prologue)

October 13, 2013
By Cali Merwin BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
Cali Merwin BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Lost
I am a girl lost in a big world. No, I am not a wanderer; nor am I a nomad. I am a girl filled with bounds of determination and one that reaches for the stars- and I might even be said to hold some wild secrets beneath my breath. Not full of color at first glance, but one full of vibrant shades once you crack my shell. Knock on my shell and it will crack even further. I have not been fully born.

Just an average high school girl full of questions and visions that may never come true, but still strives for the best. I do not know about the future. I do not know about now. I do not even know about much that has gone on in the past. I have regrets and questions and insecurities. But I also hold a hint of confidence and attitude. I am a big brass bucket full of secrets ready to spill and leap in to the big world I have heard about for years. The one where I am not led stepping-stone by stepping-stone with my hand held tightly each step of the way; the one where I can find myself; the one where I can find a path I want to take; the one where I will not have to follow a series of strict rules; the one where I can rebel and prove myself.

I cannot wait until I spring into the big world and put all of my hard work towards bounds of success. For all this time I have worked hard in school and watched over by billions of eyes for years as in 1984 I have lost my individuality making me a mirror of all my peers. I have lived by the expectations of society. I am ready to do my own thing and depart from the monotonous life I have lived in the microscopic town of Ormond Beach- a dull needle lost in a big haystack.