Drown In Your Lies, Girl | Teen Ink

Drown In Your Lies, Girl

May 3, 2013
By Ghostly-Rose SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
Ghostly-Rose SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
9 articles 7 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down, with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!"- Portal 2


Lately alot of drama has been occuring between myself and 3 others. Two girls and one guy. One of the girls is my crazy ex girlfriend, the other two are my closest friends. They are in a relationship. So it all started around December, just after me and my girlfriend broke up.

"Hey, Jess. I gotta tell you something but you're probeably gonna get mad." Katie said to me as I entered my science class. It was the last period of the day and i just wanted to go home. It was a friday and I was exausted.
"If it's gonna make me angry then don't tell me. I'm too tired to fight with anyone right now." I said. I was sick of Katie telling me every little thing about my ex just to make me angry. Don't get me wrong, Katie is one of my closest friends but, my ex drove me nuts, and I was too tired to deal with her anymore.
"But you need to hear this!" She said sitting on my desk as I slide into my seat.
"Ok, fine. Tell me what she did this time." Isaid with a sigh.
"Ok so, she told Marcus that she wanted him to fight for her, and then she went and flirted with this other guy that nobody knows. Now Marcus is mad at her and she wont talk to him." she said quickly before I could interrupt her.
"Why inthe world would she tel Marcus to fight for her!? She knows he is way too nice and shy to do that!" I blurted when she took a breath.
"I don't know, but that's what happened. I was there!" She said jumping off my desk and waddling through the isles of desks to find her own.
I sat back in my desk and began my classwork. I really was sick of all the crap Melanie was strating in this school. She had only just moved here a few months agao and she was now known to all of my friends as the worlds biggest slut.

As soon as the bell rang to dismiss school, I jumped out of my seat aznd ran out of the classroom to go find Marcus.
"Dude, is it true? Did she really say that to you?" I asked. Marcus is one of my closest friends and we talk about everything.
"Yea, she's all like 'I want you to fight for me' and then she runs off and starts flirting with this jerk right in front of me!" he gushed angrily. I knew he was upset about it. It was all over his face.

Katie continued to bring me angering updates on my ex as if Melanie wanted me to be angry with her. Within a month or two, me and Melanie began talking again and we were writing each other notes everyday and Katie would deliver them for us so we weren't caught by my friends.

'yeah, sometimes I wish you could have held onto me 'cause I think you and I could have grown stronger together. I really miss you sometimes, but my heart does not know why!/ And why did you say I was your first real girlfriend when you had others before me? Why did you tell me I was special, because after thinking about it, I don't think I am. Well, gym was cool today, I did't think any of that was going to happen but I'm hapy it did. :) I guess some way some how you kinda helped me. I don't know how, but I think you did, so thank you. Love Always, Melanie'
That was the first letter she wrote me. That tore me apart. She was my first real girlfriend and I really loved her. I was head over heals for her. Slowly but surely, we began to get angry with eachother, leading to this note:

'Jess, I am really sorry I made you mad and upset and stuff. I know by now you probably hate me. I don't blame you if you do. I might think you were crazy if wouldn't hate me. And I know I'm crazy too. Way beyond being crazy. I'm a jerk, a weirdo, and everything else you can think of. And I know at times I can be a pain in your butt, and your friends' butts. I don't have any excuses for my actions. I know I've hurt you. I told you I love you, and I still do. I just don't want to get into that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, maybe you would be better off without me. Maybe you don't need me as your friend. And don't say I'm being over dramatic because I'm not. I'm being totally serious. Sorry for all the pain I've caused you. `Melanie'

when I recieved this note I began to cry. It was all a lie. Everything. I knew she wasn't going to leave us alone and I knew this wasn't over. I most deffinately didn't hate her, and I most deffinately wanted all the drama to end, and she really was being over dramatic.

Soon enough, we had pushed each other so far away that we stopped writing to each other. I still heard about the things she did, but i tried to ignore them because I was too torn to even try to deal with her. I tried to help her when she asked for it, but now I wasn't even willing to look at her. Then one day, I heard that she was talking to her ex boyfriend, Jeffery again. Jefferey was dating my best friend Megan at the time. The were so cute together and totally in love. She had written this to Jeffery:

'You look cute in all white. I saw you today.I can't wait to be with you again. When are you gonna break up with that whore of a girlfriend you got? I just wanna kiss you again!'

Jeff tried to throw the note away and missed the trash can so Megan read the note. This made her angry. Jeff made her promise not to do anything to Melanie. A few days later i recieved shocking news.

"Did ya hear? Jeff cheated on Megan with Melanie!" Katie said to me when I sat down in science.
"Wait what?!" I practically fell out of my seat.
"Yea, Melanie told me that she told Megan herself because Jeff wouldn't tell her, he wanted to wait a few months." she blabbed on and on but my mind blanked out. How dare he do that to my best friend! He was gonna get it!

Soon everything was worked out and Melanie had been lying about everything. Me and Megan are working on getting everything together to take to administration and we are getting this settled. Jeff and Megan are still together and have more trust than ever before.

Only thing I can say about this... DON"T LIE! I only makes things worse...


The author's comments:
All the names in this story were changed to protect identities. This stroy is completely true and I just needed to vent and get it all off my chest. Thanks for reading about my life!