Here I Am Alive | Teen Ink

Here I Am Alive

By xxMarie BRONZE, Ansonia, Connecticut
xxMarie BRONZE, Ansonia, Connecticut

You never know what you have until it's gone, so treasure every moment while you can.

"They say you don't grow up, you just grow old. It's safe to say I haven't done both, I made mistakes, I know, I know but here I am alive."

I lived on this earth for 19 years, almost 20. I have been through so much sometimes I think the best thing to do is to give in to the easy way out. I've been bullied and broken down by so many people. I've lost and gained new friends. I did things I'm not proud of but I paid for my mistakes.

Sometimes it's easy to just give up. To throw in the towel. That isn't the right way of thinking things. I've been there and it is the worst place to be. My life isn't perfect. My parents fight and yes it does affect me in a way it shouldn't. Some of my so called friends treat me like trash but I've learned friends like that are not the ones you want in your life. I want to be happy before I do die. I want to be able to make my dream come true by publishing the book I'm writing. I have been there. I have done things people wouldn't even dream of me doing but I was stupid and I learned.

I see my friends struggle with their problems and I'm there in any way possible for them. They want to give up and stop living. They think everyone will be happy with them gone but that is not the truth. You may think that now but when you are gone, you won't see how they will suffer. You won't see how much guilt they will feel, thinking they could have done more.
I used to think the exact same way. I even attempted it two times but I did realize I have parents and friends that will not be happy if I did take my life. It's tough out there. Everyone in this world have tough lives but they pull through, I pulled through and came out stronger then I ever was before.

I've lost hope more times then I can remember. I've been upset over things that sometimes it's hard for me to keep moving on. I want to keep on moving on and prove to everyone that I can't be broken down anymore. I've found the better part of me and I never going to let it go.

Even when hard times hit you keep moving on even when you want to give up. You don't want to spend your whole life being upset and angry because you never know when your last day on earth will be.

Take it from me. I'm stronger because of everything. Keep your head up and stay strong no matter how hard it gets. Keep moving on.