A Sweet tooth for Jesus | Teen Ink

A Sweet tooth for Jesus

March 7, 2013
By simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California
simpleandtrue PLATINUM, Moraga, California
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
\'let the life that you live dictate who you are, not Facebook.\'


The truth is, I am going to get diabetes one day. I have a scandalous affair with confections. Whether that is colorful French macaroons, coconut sponge cake, or fresh baked cookies, I rarely turn down a sweet. I can never have enough. Afterwards, I go to the gym for therapy. It’s a lovely process.

My craving may serve as a metaphor for my spiritual craving for Jesus. In intense prayers with my Christian sisters, worship, and readings of eye-opening Bible verses, I crave more and more of heavenly treasures. I want to chase after Christ, to be molded and used by my Him. There came a point in my life when I understood a completely different level of satisfaction that is received from pursuing Jesus compared to enjoying life. At this point, I appreciated everything as His creation and purpose. I had the most difficult time accepting struggles but I know that He does not put me through a situation that I cannot handle and come out, refined by fire and faith. I am completely confident in Christ because I have seen the metamorphosis that He allowed to take place. At the end of the storm, I am no longer a caterpillar looking for home. Jesus’ love wrapped around me like a cocoon, protecting me from the lack of love that I felt from my dad, and in the process, transformed me into who I am today. Here in His love, I am forever grateful for the new body that He has given me. I am made beautiful, whole, and strong. There was no longer a hole in me; a hole that used to expand from a lack of peace, fatherly love, and acceptance. Instead, Christ flooded the hiatus in my heart with His amazing love. Although I am still healing from the past, my present is filled with a craving for Jesus. I found a love greater than life itself and nothing compares.


The author's comments:
I found a love greater than life itself and nothing compares.