One Day in November | Teen Ink

One Day in November

November 30, 2012
By Benjamin Eastman BRONZE, Deer Park, Wisconsin
Benjamin Eastman BRONZE, Deer Park, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Boooooommmm. Crash, crash, crash. Thummp, thummp, thump. My heart begins to start racing, Faster! More intense. I grabbed my gun. Shooosh. I stuffed more bullets inside the gun. Click! My Gun is loaded and ready to go. My hands are shivering with nervousness, Boooom! Crash, Chrash. The gigantic buck sprinted and hopped away. I whipped the Winchester over my back and, thuump! My legs filled with pain. I jumped from the stand. My mouth ripped open for a gasp of air. Crash! I seen the deer wobble into the brush. Craaaccck! Fire spits out the end of my muzzle. I then became to limp around as fast as I could. The buck now crawling along using is front legs. I rip sticks and debris out of the way. I then seen the deer turn. Sswwoosh! I run up to it. So close to this trophy buck yet so different. I drag on backwards for a few steps. Shoosh, I pushed one more bullet inside my gun. My sights going in circles. A little closer...Bang! The deer was down. One..six..ten! Ohh a ten point! I yelled out with pride and happiness.


The author's comments:
One day during Deer Hunting when I shot my first deer.