Freaky Friday Upside Down | Teen Ink

Freaky Friday Upside Down

By hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

You don't have to like them to respect them

Have you ever felt like you know someone so well and if something like freaky Friday happened, you’d win a prize because you acted exactly like that person. But then one day that person changes and not for the best, that prize flies out the window and freaky Friday goes upside down and now you don’t know what you’re doing. The changes just run you over like a semi-truck then you’re crushed and I’m talking road kill crushed. You never ever had a chance and now while you’re dying in the middle of the trust high way that person is driving away and is blind to the way they have crushed you or they just don’t care.

So now you don’t know what they’re going to do next and while you wait for the semi-truck to crush you again, you stay on your toes because you just know that something is going to happen. You wonder if they know or not, if they have any idea of what they’re doing to you and while you try not to show the emotion that you feel from what the person just did or said, a small part of you wants to know why they changed or what happened that made them change, and maybe you already know what happened. But your world is spinning out of control, fast.

But trying to talk to the person about these not so good changes can be the next mission impossible movie. Because now are they not only changed, they’re asking questions that they never have asked before nor did they have to because they should have already known the answer. So not only are you crushed but now you might be feeling confused, anger or maybe even both. So once again while you stand watching towns and bridges of history between the two of you be burned down to the ground, they walk away with no idea of what they’ve done to you again.

So by now you most likely have figured out that the person will never change back because they don’t see what you do and they think the changes as so wonderful, or maybe they keep promising that they are still the same person you knew before you became semi-truck road kill. But my advice to you is stay off of the trust highway with that person because you never know when they could come with that semi-truck and run you over.

So that is my take on the way changes in a person can come and crush you were you stand. Along with burn your city of history with them down and maybe even sink a ship along the way. So adios amigo and have a nice time on this thy adventures of life.

I think almost everyone can relate to this piece because there is always that one friend or family member that changes for the worst.

hhbunny13 GOLD said...
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

Thanks for the feedback, i don't think anyone has ever made something about writing so simply for me. When i wrote this i was kinda upset and this was how i was feeling like i was "roadkill on the trust highway" as i put it but anyway thanks again for the feedback.

GummyBearQueen2 SILVER, Johannesburg, Other

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"- I'm not sure, so I'm going to say anonymous.

Sorry. The site deleted my paragraphing, and I'm not sure why. Please excuse it! :)

You, my friend, have amazing talent as a writer. I could see that from the very first sentence. Now, time for the (hopefully) constructive critisism. I only have a few, easy to fix points, so there's no need to fret. 1) Be careful that you don't muddle your sentences. My rule of thumb: a new point, a new sentence. Don't make it boring, simple sentences, though. For example: Don't use, Billy's mom bought him a puppy named Spot and Jenny got a cat named Paws. Rather use, Billy's mom bought him a puppy named Spot. Jenny got a cat named Paws. REMEMBER: Only use the above rule when the thoughts fall under the same category. If they don't, apply paragraphing as usual. 2) Be careful not to use 'and' too much. This is a common problem; even acclaimed authors such as Jaqueline Wilson fall prey! To avoid the text becoming tedious, limit the use of 'and' to one per sentence, and use commas for the rest. For example: Don't use, I went to the store and bought bananas and lettuce and tomatoes and apples and potatoes and strawberries. Rather use, I went to the store and bought bananas, lettuce, tomatoes, apples, potatoes and strawberries. See how much the flow improved? If you aren't listing objects, you can also break the sentences up. This prevents the sentences from being too long.  Remember: Insert a full stop where you would take a breath if you were reading aloud. 3) I'm not sure if this was intended, but I did notice that you changed tenses near the end...? 4) In the last sentence, you wrote, ".... have a nice time on this thy adventures of life." Concerning "this" and "thy" next to eachother, I think you may have edited your story without reading this part over. You essentially said, ".... have a nice time on this you adventures of life." I think that a more correct way of saying this would be, ".... have a nice time on thou adventures in life." Once again, you have fabulous talent as a writer. You completely engross the reader in your story, which is a talent that comes easily to only few and far between. Keep writing, you are so obviously passionate about what you write. Hope I helped!