Something You Once Told Me | Teen Ink

Something You Once Told Me

By Amethyst.Mazarine BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Amethyst.Mazarine BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I remember something you once told me. Something about never giving up. Something about staring the world in the eye even when it has its hand raised to strike.
I remember you telling me once that just because something is impossible doesn't mean it can't happen. I remember you saying that just because the stars above you are crossed, doesn't mean that somewhere in the universe they aren't aligned.
I remember you saying that the stars burn brightest just before dawn comes to take her turn; but that, even then, bright pinpricks sparkle in the background. I remember you telling me how anything that exists in a dream has the potential to bloom in life.
I remember you saying that, if you whisper your secrets to the sky, they will ascend safe forever. I remember you telling me that sometimes, the most beautiful things are found in the tattered packages left on the street.
Yes, I remember something you once told me. Something about being. Something about always finding something to live for. Something about - beauty.

This peice is a mirror. Look into it and look for yourself. Inflect upon it what you may, for it shall be what you are.