Overweight | Teen Ink

Overweight

By ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland
ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

I rather be hated for what i am, then to be loved for what im not.

“What do you think of this picture of me?” Chelsea asked holding up her laptop. Staring at the glowing screen I swallow back my resentment to the b**** gazing back at me. Smiling, I manage to muster the most excitement I possibly can and lie,
“You look sexy!” Chelsea looked at me and just said,
“Wow Chloe.” God I swear if it wasn’t for Abby you can bet I wouldn’t be caught dead with this s***. What does she even see in her?
“Hey guys,” Abby said, returning from the bathroom right on cue. “I was thinking we should get some Chinese food and watch a movie tonight.”
“Yeah that sounds good, maybe we should see...” But before I could finish Chelsea cut me off as always.
“Oh my god, Abby you totally missed it! Chloe was like totally having a lesbian moment and was drooling over my picture!” Cheeks blushing profusely, my eyes bulge out of my head in disbelief. Did she seriously just say that?! Even if I was a lesbian, there is no way in hell I would ever fawn over that sorry excuse for a face.
“Wow Chloe, is there something you need to tell us?” Abby giggled while gently elbowing me in the side.
“Well you know it was just a really good picture, I guess I just couldn’t help myself.” I smiled trying to brush off my embarrassment.
Someday I’m going to get back at that b**** for all she’s done to me. Not only does she belittle me in public on a daily basis, she spreads rumors about me. When ever I try to tell Abby about them she just shakes it off, saying “Oh Chelsea would never do that.” But I know for a fact she would. You’ve heard of the term, “talking about someone behind their back” well Chelsea once literally talked about me right in front of me. She had her back turned to me and I got so mad, I span her around to face me. At first there was shock in her eyes, but it left as quickly as it had come. She was probably taking comfort in the fact that things were going to go her way. “Next time Chelsea when you’re planning on gossiping about me, actually make sure I’m not standing one foot away from you.” And without another word I marched away with my head high, clinging on to what little dignity I had left.
The event Chelsea was blowing out of proportion had happened earlier that day in the gym locker room. Someone had just told me that there was this huge rumor about me being a lesbian. The news had upset me and there obviously was not a smile on my face but I mostly kept my composure. Chelsea could just not help herself and had to tell everyone who would listen that, “Chloe was just bawling and falling apart today in the girls locker room over some small rumor!” One day she’ll be sorry she ever screwed with me.

Piercing a noodle with my fork I pop it in my mouth. “So are you girls going to be fine alone with Gabriel?” Chelsea's day says while straightening his tie.
“Yeah dad we’ll be fine,” Abby said while stabbing at her orange chicken. “You have fun at that banquet.”
“Mark lets go we’re going to be late!” her mom yells from the door.
“Well I’ll be going then. See you girls later.” Giving his tie one last futile tug, he left the room.
“So what movie do you guys want to watch?” Abby said while getting up to rinse her plate.
“Um, I was kind of thinking we should see the movie Tangled.” I suggested, also getting up to rinse my plate.
“Tangled? Isn’t that a kid’s movie?” Chelsea shrilled.
“Yeah, what’s your point?” I asked nonchalantly.
“Well, I don’t know.” Chelsea sighed while throwing her hands up in the air. “I just thought that we were all a little bit more… more mature then that.” She replied, staring me down when she said the word mature.
“I actually think Tangled is a good idea, Dad said we needed to pick a movie Gabriel could watch too.” Abby cut in.
“I guess we could watch it.” Chelsea exhaled.

Piling onto the couch, I sip at my sprite while Abby went on Demand, searching for Tangled.
“What movie are we watching?” Abby’s little foster brother asks.
“We’re going to see Tangled.” Abby replies not looking down from the screen.
“I don’t want to see that movie!” Gabriel shrieks, “I want to see the movie G-Force!”
“Gabriel,” Abby says, looking down from the screen, “We have guests here, and they want to see Tangled, you got to pick the movie last week.” She says calmly.
“No! I don’t want to see this retarded movie!” He yells while running up the stairs.
“Gabriel! We do not say retarded in this household!” Abby yells after him furious. Storming back to the couch, she plops down, grabs the remote, and returns back to the movie search. “Just wait for it; in a couple seconds he’s going to start fake crying.” Just as she predicted unconvincing moans that somewhat resembled what a dying cat would sound like, started to float down from the upstairs.
Abby is always telling me how much she hates Gabriel and how if he were to disappear one day, she would have no feelings of remorse. As much as I wouldn’t want to live with him, I can’t help but feel bad for the kid. His mother left him, his dad is in jail, and his grandmother locked him in the closet while she smoked weed. If all that stuff happened to me, I think I would pretty screwed up too.

“Come on guys lets take pictures!” Chelsea shouts, whipping out her camera from her back pocket. “Here Chloe take a picture of me and Abby.” She says, shoving the camera in my hands without even waiting for a response. Turning the camera on, I take several shots of them in ridicules poses. Laughing I say,
“Now do a duck face.” Scrunching up their faces they stick their lips out as far as they can. “Perfect.” I chuckle.
“Can I be in the pictures too?” Gabriel calls from the stairs.
“Yes Gabriel, you can be in the pictures.” Abby replies hesitantly while she was in mid-pose. Gabriel runs over to me and does his best impression of a wolf. Snapping the photo, we spent the rest of the evening taking pictures and laughing.

“So Gabriel,” Chelsea says while flipping through all the pictures on her camera, “Which person do you think is the prettiest?” Oh my God, is she seriously doing this?
“Um, you’re the prettiest, then I guess Abby is the second, and then you’re the last.” He says pointing his tiny finger at me. Laughing Chelsea asks,
“Why do you think Chloe is the ugliest?” Shrugging his small shoulders he says coolly,
“I don’t know she’s just fat.” God I hate that kids can be so brutally honest.
“Gabriel! We don’t call people fat.” Abby fumed.
“I was just answering a question!” He yells in defiance.
“Abby he was just saying what he thought.” I say.
“I don’t care, it’s rude and he needs to learn that.” Abby says firmly, “Go to your room.”
“No! I was just saying what I thought!”
“Abby really it’s fine.” Ignoring me Abby continues,
“If you don’t go to your room I’m going to call dad.”
“Fine!” Gabriel shrieks, getting up he stomps all the way to his room. Turning back to me Abby says,
“I’m sorry; he didn’t know what he was talking about.”
“No it’s fine it didn’t bother me.” But the truth was, it did bother me.

“Knock, Knock can I come in?” Abby’s mom calls from the other side of the door.
“Yeah sure mom,” Door banging open, she staggers in and collapses on the bed. She hiccups slightly, her breath reeks of alcohol.
“Oh, I just had a wonderful night,” She muses while ruffling her daughter’s hair.
“The food was amazing!” She exclaims.

“Mom? Have you been drinking tonight.” Snickers Abby.

“What!? Me? No, not ever!” she says fake surprised. “Okay, maybe I had a teensy bit to drink.” I wouldn’t exactly call that a teensy bit, if someone lit a match by her mouth, the whole freaking house would go up into flames. “Your father will not be happy when he finds out that I snuck up here.” she said giggling like a giddy school girl. “He told me in the car; when we get home go straight to bed. Do not let the girls know you’re drunk but it’s not like you guys care.” She said while farting. “Whoops my bad, please excuse me.” She chuckled.

“Oh, I love you mom.” Chelsea laughed, “Oh my God you should have heard what Gabriel said, he called Chloe fat.” Chelsea's mom turns her attention to me and says,

“I’ll let you in on a little secret, Gabriel is a little s***. From the looks of you, you’ll probably only need to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Then you would look so much better!” Feeling the painful pricks beneath my eyes, I look down at my hands and say,

“Yeah, I guess I do need to lose some weight.”

“Um, mom I think its time for you to go to bed.” Abby said changing the subject.

“I suppose.” she sighs loudly. Getting up she departs from Abby’s room.

“I’m sorry she’s drunk and doesn’t know what she’s saying.” Abby says apologetically.

“Yeah I know she didn’t mean it.” I say brushing it off quickly. But I highly doubt that, when people are drunk they just say whatever they are thinking. Chealsea's mom just told me how the world really sees me, overweight.

ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

lol thanks, never lose hope though, i thought i would never lose weight but i finally did and i lost 35 pounds! I've never felt better and i have faith you can do it! :)

ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

Just remember that you can do anything you set your mind to, so if you want to lose weight bad enough you can! i did it and if i can do it, anyone can do it! Share this article around with you friends so maybe we can get the message out!

ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

I used to be overweight ever since i can remember, i used to weigh 170 but now im 135 and never felt better, never give up!

hearts said...
your wedsite is cool and i think the article is intereting

moon said...
i dont agree i am fat and i try to loose weight every day and it doesnt happen oh well i love this article alot

sunshine said...
i agrree with tiger it is soothing to fat people to loose weight and take a stand

tiger said...
i love this it really give me the courage to stop from being overweight