Confessing Confusion | Teen Ink

Confessing Confusion

By Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina
Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina

"You can't always wait for opportunity to knock; sometimes you have to knock the door off its hinges and pumble opportunity in the streets."
~ Lisa Landry, "Sister, Sister"

Have you ever liked the same guy as your friend? Well, that’s happening to me.
Two of my best friends I’ve known since elementary school and I all like the same guy. The one that still goes to school with me and I like him more than the third girl does. He was able to figure out that someone I know likes him. So, we had to figure out whether we were going to tell h8im or keep it a secret. For the past few days, he’s been asking me and the girl who go to school with us who likes him, but we didn’t tell him. But, tonight, I was talking to both people on Facebook. The girl told me that she doesn’t care what I tell him now because it’s getting really hard to keep it a secret. So, I told him on Facebook that all three of us like him.
When the girl who goes to school with us asked if we talked about it, I told her that I told the guy that all three of us kinda like him. She totally freaked out. I had to explain the conversation to her over Facebook. I even added to the conversation with him by saying she might have said a different name that starts with the same letter. That didn’t help with her. Now, she’s really mad at me because there are details she didn’t tell me, which I couldn’t tell him.
Hopefully, it’ll be better at school tomorrow.

It's a classic story of a small group of friends liking the same guy.