I guess we both changed. Even if we didn't want to. | Teen Ink

I guess we both changed. Even if we didn't want to.

December 14, 2011
By Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
19 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
As the tide washed in the Dutch tulip man faced the ocean, "Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator, look at it: rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."
"What's that?" Anna asked.
"Water," said the Dutchman, "Well, and time."


Her helpless voice whimpered through the phone just barely, "It's okay." she whispered.
I hung up and sat staring at the phone knowing that on the other end, she was crying too. I knew I was the reason for the tears trickling out of her eyes and for the bear hug her mom embraced her in. The difference between our tears was that she had someone to share them with, I didn't. I sat on the toilet seat whimpering quietly to myself not wanting to give anyone the impression I was crying. I didn't want to give them the impression to laugh or mock or even not care. So I sat where I was and silently hid the tears into my hands and wiped them away. I didn't want this to happen. But when someone changes, you can't avoid it. Someone you knew for so long, and knew like the back of your hand suddenly change. They leave you hanging and breathless, questioning the friendship you had and whether it's worth the old friend to accept the new person. But sometimes you just get so fed up and you can't do anything but whimper out your helpless voice through the phone receiver and cry. So that's what she did. That's what I did. That's what we did, but in complete opposite worlds.